UT Dallas Links “shortens” a URL link to make it more accessiblefor easy sharing. It should only be used to shorten links to university-affiliated websites and activities.
Access is available to current full-time staff and faculty, student employees (such as RAs, TAs, and student workers) with supervisor approval, and elected representatives of official student organizations with organization sponsor approval.
- To request access to UT Dallas Links, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ORIS will contact you with a username and password.
- Navigate to https://utd.link/login and and log-in. Be sure to change your password when logging - in for the first time.
Create a Short Link
- Insert the full URL of the link you want to shorten into the designated box.
- To customize the new short link, click on the button “Link Options”. This will allow you to:
- Insert the shortened name desired (also known as the “link ending”)
- Make a link public or private (searchable or not searchable)
- Determine the availability
- Click the button ‘shorten’ to create the link.
- Copy the new URL, create a QR code, or make another link.
- To see the short links you’ve created, click your user name in top right corner and navigate to the "Dashboard". Click the side menu "Links".
- It is possible to update the long URL, but it is not possible to change or delete the shortened name.
- The change the name, you must create a new link with the name desired.
- To delete a short link, you must send email@example.com a request.