|Table of Contents|
The goal of this tutorial is to show the process required to use the IRB: Consent to Participate in Research template located in REDCap. The Institutional Review Board approved this template (IRB), and it can be used to replace the paper version of the form for an electronic form. This form can be sent to participants as a survey to collect participants’ information and signatures electronically.
Create a new REDCap project using a template
- Enter project relevant information.
- Enter the Project Title based on the IRB information.
- Select Research from the ‘Purpose of this project’ drop-down menu
- Enter important administrative details of the project such as the name of the P.I., email, IRB number, and more.
- Select ‘Use a template’ from the Start project from scratch or begin with template? options.
- Select IRB: Consent to Participate in Research and click ‘Create Project.’
Modify the consent form text based on the project.
Add Users and Define User Rights based on Project Roles
The rights of each user accessing a project must be defined depending on the user’s profile and role in the study. It is recommended to check all access rights on a regular basis during the study.
Change a REDCap Project Status to Production
This section will provide the necessary steps to change the project status from Development to Production. Completing these steps allows users to collect real study data. Additionally, it limits the risk of committing real-time changes to the project, which protects the data already collected.