UT Dallas Links “shortens” a URL link to make it more accessible.
To request access to UT Dallas Links, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. ORIS will contact you with a username and password. Be sure to change your password when logging-in for the first time.
How to Create a Shortened Link
- Insert the full URL of the link you want to shorten into the designated box.
- To customize the new short link, click on the button “Link Options”. This will allow you to:
- Insert the shortened name desired (also known as the “link ending”)
- Make a link public or private (searchable or not searchable)
- Determine the availability
- Click the button ‘shorten’ to create the link.
- Copy the new URL, create a QR code, or make another link.
See the shortened links you’ve created by clicking your username to reveal a menu on the top right of the page.
Click dashboard, then click Links. It is possible to update the long URL, but it is not possible to change or delete the shortened name.
The change the name, you must create a new link with the name desired. To delete a shortened link, you must contact email@example.com with a request.