Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae (SciENcv) is an online tool in the My NCBI platform which allows researchers to create funder specific biosketches.
Create an Account
- Navigate to https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ and in the top right corner, click "Sign in to NCBI".
- Sign-in, or register if you do not have an account.
- You can now access SciENcv by scrolling down on the My NCBI dashboard and finding the SciENcv "widget".
SciENcv can be accessed directly by navigating to https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sciencv/ and signing in.
Create a Biosketch
Users can add citations into their biosketch from the My Bibliography section in the My NCBI platform. The MY Bibliography section also feeds citations to eRA Commons.
- To add a citation, navigate to the My Bibliography Dashboard and click "Manage my Bibliography.
- Click the "Add citations" drop down and choose to add a citation from PubMed or Manually
Link External Accounts
- To add an ORCID, edit the user profile section and click "Add your ORCID ID to this profile?".
2. An ORCID window prompt will appear asking authorize this link. Verify and singing to ORCID with your NetID and password.
Is done through eRA commons and explained on the sign in page.
Create from scratch, external, duplicate
Choose to create a Biosektch starting from blank, duplicate an existing one, or import information from an external account such as ORCID or eRA commons.
Note: Any written details are saved automatically
Make public link to all citations
Click on Download PDF in the upper or lower right corners of the biosketch.
If entries in ORCID are set with the visibility setting "only me", the infromation won't import into SciENcv even though you have authorized it as a trusted source.
Can't re-import info to a Biosketch that has already been made; that's why it's important to flesh out ORCID and MY Bibliography, because otherwise, they will have to be added manually.