Please note this documentation is a work in progress.
(INSERT VIDEO TUTORIAL)
Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae (SciENcv) is an online tool in the My NCBI platform which allows researchers to create funder specific biosketches.
To make the most use out of SciENcv, it is highly encouraged to link the SciENcv account to 3rd party resources such as ORCID, NSF, eRACommons, etc. This will:
SciENcv can be accessed either through the NCBI main page, or directly by navigating to https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sciencv/ and signing in.
Users can access My NCBI using an NIH, NSF, and eRA Commons login. Signing using a 3rd part log-in will link your My NCBI to the 3rd party account.
GIF displays how to science in through the SciENcv info page.
Create an NCBI Account
- Navigate to https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ and in the top right corner, click "Sign in to NCBI".
- Scroll down and click "Register for an NCBI account"
- You can now access SciENcv by scrolling down on the My NCBI dashboard and finding the SciENcv "widget".
- As an alternative, you can access
Develop a Biosketch
It is recommended to have a fleshed out and up-to date list of citations in either My Bibliography or in ORCID. Linking will allow information to pre-populate and provided a level of quality insurance that information is constant across multiple platforms.
Users can add citations into their biosketch from the My Bibliography section in the My NCBI platform. The MY Bibliography section also feeds citations to eRA Commons.
- To add a citation, navigate to the My Bibliography Dashboard and click "Manage my Bibliography.
- Click the "Add citations" drop down and choose to add a citation from PubMed or Manually
Link External Accounts
- To add an ORCID, edit the user profile section and click "Add your ORCID ID to this profile?".
- An ORCID window prompt will appear asking authorize this link. Verify and singing to ORCID with your NetID and password.
- To link an eRA Commons account, click on you profile name in the top right bar of the NCBI page.
- Once selected, you will see account details and what accounts you have linked to. Click "Change" and search for eRA Commons.
- Select eRA commons, and you will be navigated to sign into eRA commons. Singing in will establish the link.
Basic and standard biography information.
Create a Biosketch
from scratch, duplicate an existing one, or import information from an external source
Choose to create a Biosektch starting from blank, duplicate an existing one, or import information from an external account such as ORCID or eRA commons.
Note: Any written details are saved automatically
Make public link to all citations
Click on Download PDF in the upper or lower right corners of the biosketch.
First, be sure that you have authorized ORCID as a trusted connection. Click here to see how. If you have already done so, be sure that in ORCID, the visibility settings for the information is set at either "everyone" or "trusted parties", and not at "only me".
Biography Information imported into a Biosketch only happens once. However, it is possible to refresh a list of citations from ORCID if any changes are made there.
They cannot be imported, or linked, directly. However, it is possible to download a BibTeX file from My Bibliography and import it into ORCID.
They cannot be imported, or linked, directly. However, it is possible to download a BibTeX file from ORCID and import it into My Bibliography. It is important to note that a list of citations CAN be updated in SciENcv.