Invite external participants, or guests, to a Teams meeting that are not part of your organization (in this case, UT Dallas). Without a login, and without having to download the Teams application, guests can participate in a meeting with the following abilities:
- Video Chat
- Voice Chat
- Access the meeting chat
- Post, delete, and edit own messages in the chat
- Share screen
- See participants of meeting
- Invite participants
- Record meeting
- Share files
Invite a Guest
Invite a guest the same way you would invite someone from your organization.
- In the Teams app, under the Calendar section, create a “New Meeting”.
- Enter a participant’s email address in the box “Add required attendees.
- Although participants can use a phone to dial-in into a meeting, note that you can’t invite anyone using a phone-number; an email is required.
- Fill in any relevant meeting details and click “Send” to send the invite.
- If you need to edit the meeting to update add/remove participants, change the time, or adjust meeting details, the “Send” button will appear as “Send Update”. After clicking “Send Update”, a guest will be notified of the change via email. Guests will have to re-accept the invite if the time is changed.
- Note that invites can also be sent via Outlook if the Teams integration is enabled.